Friday, October 5, 2007

September 3 ride




What I'm about to tell you, well you might not believe. There were 6 that took the ride that day, and they ranged in ages from 13 to 73. Now that might not be so strange, but 5 of the 6 were women.... and the only man was in his late 30's!
I had been telling my mother and the rest of my family about "Mountain Drive"..... so we loaded up and took off. There was myself, my mom, my youngest sister, and two of my nieces and David! We rode 40 miles that day and yes Mom did every inch of it!
We rode to "Bridge to Nowhere" and the girls (13 & 14) walked down to the river and had a blast playing in the water. They got in..... clothes and all... even laid down in the water! Silly youngens. But it was a hot day and I'm sure it felt good.... and they were totally dry by the time we got back to the trucks to come home... mud covered and dusty..... but dry.
At one point when we were leaving the bridge everyone lined up at the furthest edge.... and the race was ON! Needless to say.. David won... he's riding an 07 AC 650 with more power than the rest of us..... but Mom said that if she had her other bike that he'd never have caught HER! And believe me... she's right!

No comments: