Friday, October 5, 2007

September 23, 2007




By this time we have been several weeks without one drop of rain.... it sure was getting dry and VERY dusty. But still we ride! Met up with the group at Rose Hill again. This time we went up to Hagan and went across Crow's Foot into Kentucky. Started to have some trouble with a couple of the ATV's... but still they pushed on in hopes that they could/would make it and find what they needed. Had one to drop out not to long after we got over the mountain. He had a rear seal leaking and nobody had any 90W oil to replace what he had lost. He turned back. Then the rest of the group pushed on. Dale.... poor fellow had the worst luck of all! His ride...... OVERHEATED big time! His fan died on him and so he had to drift off the mountain.... then be towed to a safe place to where he could be loaded up and took home. Oh did I forget to say that this time I was the ONLY woman along? But I have to say that this group of "gentlemen" were just that.... perfect gentlemen!
We fought dust like crazy.... it's getting so dry. AS much as I love riding I almost hate the dust more. But still I pushed on. I didn't get my camera out to get many pictures that day. But I did get one of something/someone that we found on the top of the ridge coming home. JOAN! Now I'll admit.... that is one strange ride she's on. But it made it to the top of the mountain and back down so I guess that's a good thing! There is a picture of Joan and her ride.

Despite the dust we did manage to find some mud... Kitty's dirty! And of course I have to show KITTY all cleaned up and ready to go back to the barn for a weeks rest.

No comments: