Friday, October 5, 2007



The first time I took it out for a real ride I went with some friends, Terry & Pam, down to "Mountain Drive" in Bell County KY. Nice easy drive/ride on the main roads and some more challenging off trails. But I was still getting used to it so I didn't do much other than stick to the main trails. I think that first ride was over 30 miles.


Went back the next weekend with my son in law. Oh I've got to tell this...... The weekend after I first got it my hubby and I were on our way down to the local flea market when the cell phone rang. It was SIL wanting to know if I wanted to go riding with him up on Stone Mountain! I was upset that I didn't get to go.... was already in the middle of plans with hubby... but then I started laughing my head off! I mean think about it..... HOW many Son-in-laws would call their MOTHER-IN-LAW to ask to go 4-wheelin with them? NOT many! But then I like to think of myself as not your normal MIL too. I'm no spring chicken, but I refuse to act my age. I will not at this point in life just sit down and wait to die. I'm not there yet even though I'm 53 years YOUNG! Anyhow we finally did get to go on our ride.... I took him down to Mountain drive. He had never been there and wanted to know how it was.



Next time I went back to Mountain Drive it was with a party of 6 people. Mostly family. A friends hubby tagged along.... poor fellow.... I sorta felt sorry for him at first. He didn't know that morning that he would be riding all day with 5 other women and NO other men! He is so brave! But the coolest thing is that the women ranged in age from 13 to 73! Yes.. 73! We did 40+miles that day and Mom rode every inch. Even made the comment that if she had her other ATV with her that she would have been the one to "smoke" David! Gotta love MOM!
TO BE CONTINUED........

No comments: