Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I have my GPS!

Terry brought the GPS to Dulcimer class last night. I got really lucky. VERY lucky indeed! It is a Garmin etrex Legend Cx. This one came with the basic stuff to install. But Terry found out that he needed more things than this one came with so he bought another one, more expensive of course, that came loaded with all the programs within days of buying this one. He's installed everything that the new one has onto this one for me, for FREE! If I've not mentioned it before now I think the world of Terry and his wife Pam. Those are two of the nicest people on the planet! And the best Dulcimer player in the world! I stand corrected.. Dulcimer Players! Pam plays too.
I had to turn it on last night after getting home. I now know exactly where on earth I'm standing just outside my back porch. Hey it could be handy to know! I'll admit that it is going to take a while to learn exactly how to use it, but in the long run it will be so much fun to have. Now I can download and hit some trails that I've only heard about. Or who knows I may find some new ones that I can share with other people. I rather doubt it, but it could happen.
We got some rain yesterday and the trails should be a lot better this morning, but I can't go on any of them. I've got to go to work and open the shop up at noon so all I can do is talk about going for a ride.
Maybe I'll get lucky and have a few days that are warm enough for me to get out and ride this winter after the shop shuts down. I'm not a big fan of cold, freezing weather. But I might try to put on enough clothes to stay warm and venture out on my own.
Well I guess I need to get off of here and do two things, make that three. Load the dishwasher, load the washing machine and do some more reading in the owners manual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mom told me you got one when she and papaw came up. When are the two of you going to come up?

Shannon