Friday, October 12, 2007

Attended MTORA meeting

I attended the MTORA meeting last night. I was courious as to what all went on at a meeting. I was shocked to see how few people actually were there considering how many are actually paying members. Now I understand that a lot of members don't live in the area, and I can understand why they don't attend, but for those that live IN the county... that is another story. I guess this is just like "Bluegrass In The Park" was.......... only one or two doing the work and everybody else enjoying what they do!
I could understand if they had meetings every week....... but geezzz people! They only meet once a month.... can't you get out one evening? It isn't like the meeting goes on for hours and hours to where you'd be dead on your feet when you get home. I would have been home by just after 7:30 had I not stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. And the meeting didn't start till 6:00!
Anyhow back to the subject, there were 6 people there including myself. The president wasn't there but from what I was told he had a good excuse, but what about the other club officers? I know that the secretary was there but other than where were the others? Maybe at the next meeting they all will show up and dozens other members and make me eat my words.
OH in case you are totally in the dark as to what MTORA is...... this is what it stands for ... Mountain Trails Off Road Association Inc.
Anyhow the good thing that was done was to set a date for the "Joyce Heck Memorial Ride" to be held on Sunday November 4, 2007. Ride to start out at 10:00 AM. I'll do my best to be there unless it is so bitter cold that I can't stand to get out in the air to breath.

No comments: