Monday, June 9, 2008

More catching up, Ride For Sean

I'm still playing catch up so bare with me.

On Saturday, May 31, 2008, there were about 200 riders that came out early on that morning to support the children of the fallen Bell County Deputy Sean Pursiful.

All in all it was a good ride... a really good ride. Some of my bunch that didn't fall out and join in with another group rode a total of 58.4 miles that day. We had a good time.

Half way through the ride everyone stopped at the Colmar parking area for some FREE FOOD! And not just any free food either. Faith Temple Church had spoke up and said that they wanted to help. They bought, had butchered and then cooked on the grill 2 whole pigs! Everyone that day had some great pulled pork. And let me tell you it was good!

A lot of businesses in the county gave food and goods to be used that day too. We had FREE hot dogs and chips and drinks too. If you left Colmar hungry it was your own fault. It wasn't because we didn't' have plenty of food to go around. I take that back..... I heard.... I said "I HEARD" that they also had some really great RIBS...... but I didn't get not one single piece. NOT ONE! Oh well... maybe next time.

The total raised to go in the education fund for the kids was just under $2000. By the time they are old enough to start drawing on that it should turn into a good amount to help pay the bills for college.

This was the first event that the Holler Crawlers were host to. We did some things wrong, didn't get some things in the right order, but all in all it turned out good. Nobody was hurt other than some major dust in the eyes. Nobody was left behind, everyone made it back to their trucks. So in that respect it was a really good day.

Stay tuned for the next update! I'm still playing catch up on our adventures!

No comments: