Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Juvenile Diabetes Poker Run Ride




If I had to describe the days ride I could do it in two... no make that three words. FUN... Dust... Mud!


Everyone met at the old St. Charles school in St. Charles Virginia on Saturday morning June 7. I knew we were in trouble early on... it was HOT. With no sign of any real relief from the heat. But still there were 41 people that signed up to take the ride. There was a $20 entry fee..... of which 100% was given to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!!! I know that it doesn't sound like a lot of money, but every penny helps.


Met up with a lot of people that I've not seen in a long time... and even kids (now grown up and parents themselves!) of people that I grew up with and went to school with up at St. Charles.


Left out of the school parking lot a little later than the original starting time... but that was OK. There were still people coming in and wanting to ride. Finally got going and it was a fun ride. Wasn't that much of a challenge to the ride it's self.... but it still is a good place to go. There are some mud holes up there that are just made for getting people stuck. And they did! Here is the video that I shot of where we went that day.





Well, I think that with this post on my blog that I've gotten everything up to date. I hope I do! Maybe from here on out things will not be so crazy. It's gotten very hot.... and I do mean hot. And with the price of gas being right at $4.00 a gallon unless I just can't stand it I may not be riding so much. Or at least trailering down to WTOP. I may go ahead and ride on Stone Mountain. It only takes me 10 minutes to get from the house to the trail head. So that is more in my price range.


So, till I post again, stay safe... ride long and ride HARD!

No comments: