Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007




Well, Christmas has came and gone for 2007. In a way I'm glad that it is over, yet on the other hand I'm sad to see it go. I don't like the pressure to spend, spend - spend to find the perfect present for friends and family. But I do love being with my family, seeing the smiles, hearing the laughter and seeing the family together at Mom & Dad's house.

This year we had several people at the dinner table, Mom, Dad, myself, my husband Jim, Sister Janet and her husband Frank and daughter Ivy, my daughter Shannon and husband Bob, my son Danny and wife Michelle. Missing were my sister Phyllis and husband Jimmy and daughter Morgan, and niece Lindsey and husband Josh with sons Dillon and Rylie.

Daddy's health is not the greatest that it's ever been. Dad had a bad stroke back in May and he still suffers from it to a certain degree. Mom is not the strong woman that she has been either. But I'm so lucky to have them with me still.

We had some family members that have gone on to Heaven this year, My grandmother, Georgia Williams age 94 passed away in January 2007 and Jim's mother Gladys passed away in June 2007. Jim also lost his only brother Calvin in March.. it's been a very bad year on him. But he is working through it and seems to be coming back to life.
After dinner we had some of Dad's family stop by for a visit. His sister Barbara, her son John H. III, and his children Micah and Addison. It was so wonderful to see them again. It seems like family does not get together now as much as they did when I was a young girl.
I do hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and I send my wishes for a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

ty for not posting a pic of me on there.