Monday, March 10, 2008

No riding this past weekend, but did some club work.

The weather wasn't that great this weekend for riding so some of the club members got together at Terry & Pam's house to do some much needed club work on Sunday. They had already cut out and primed boards that will be used for "Trail Markers" and needed members to come help paint on the numbers and decide which number will go with which trail.
The main trail that connects both sides of the park will be known as "hc Route 66"... the sign markers for that trail/road will even look like the old sign markers for the famous Rt. 66! Now as for how long any of them will stay in place before they are either stolen or shot to pieces who knows!
The Holler Crawlers have their monthly meeting tomorrow evening (Tuesday) at Pineville. Topics to be discussed are the plans for the Benefit ride for Sean & King that were killed on duty back in January. We will also be voting on the new name for the newest ATV Park in Bell County. The two choices will be #1. Wilderness Trail Off-Road Park #2. Wilderness Road Motor-Sports Park. Personally I like #1 the best. I think it tells it all.... anything form of transportation that is considered "OFF Road" is welcome there! In my mind if you say the word "Motor-sports" I think of RACING, like they do at Bristol. But I'm only one person with only one vote. I've got the voting slips printed up and ready to hand out at the meeting. I'll come back HERE on Tuesday night after I get home to share how the vote went.
Well it is now less then 2 weeks till my husband and I go up to Hindman, Ky. to take the ATV Safety course. I'm looking forward to it myself. I just hope that it isn't freezing cold. I've got enough clothes that I can put on to stay warm... Jim with his health issues has a harder time of it than I do.
Well for now that is all the news about riding or club activities. Not a whole lot, but I'm sure that as the weather improves that it will change!
Till next post.... Ride Long, Ride Hard but always Ride Safe! WEAR YOUR HELMET!

No comments: