Sunday, November 4, 2007

Harlan Kentucky Overlook, Nov. 4, 2007


Kitty may have made her last trip for a while. But it was a great ride to end on! Left Rose Hill parking lot at a little before 10 this morning. Started out with 8 bikes and had one late comer to catch up with us just a little way over the mountain from Crows Foot. 1st stop was at Cawood to play in what little mud was left. I was having radio problems so I went to the store to buy fresh batteries thinking that was it. NOPE. I think that one radio is dead or dying! I got lucky that I did have the other one with me. Our goal was to go to the Harlan Overlook. We made it and it was beautiful! Thank you for taking me there!!!


If any of the guys that I ride with read this, I want to say an open apology to everyone for my foul mood today. I said and did some things that were uncalled for. I'm sorry, it won't happen again.


Things beyond my control are happening and it looks like me and Kitty will not be riding for a while, if ever again. I can't go into detail, but believe me I don't think that I could ever miss a bunch of young fellows more than what I'm going to miss you guys. You all mean the world to me. I know that I'm old enough to be your mother and yet you still let me tag along with you. Thank you for that. You've made me feel young again.... OK, younger than I am and that is a miracle!

I guess it is fitting that I got the one last GREAT picture of you all..... and I'm not in it. Maybe it was a sign of what was to come. I'll never forget the laughs that you all have given me.

Take care fellows. Ride safe and ride forever!

No comments: