Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lee County Tobacco Festival Oct. 27, 2007






Kitty and I did our first parade today! Kitty was looking really good. Looked like new! Rode in front of the float beside Jimmy (Crash)... What were they thinking! But it was fun for the most part. I did catch one group of young girls that I swear was laughing at me. Ok, I know I'm not skinny by any means, heck I'll say it out loud. I'M FAT! But I do love riding and it makes me feel a lot younger than I really am. AND as long as I can, I'll ride... no matter who laughs at how I look! In the back of my mind I keep thinking...... "Girls, I used to be young like you, I used to be even slender like you, but time and kids takes it's tole on a body and you won't always look like you do now." So the best thing I can do is go on with MY Life and forget the actions of some foolish teenage girls.

It cost me a whole $1.00 but it was worth way more to get the "Bulldog" to come over and put it's "paw" around Dellis. Poor fellow had no idea what was coming off..... but it was surely priceless!






Now back to the parade! Crash and I rode our bikes in front. Dellis drove the truck pulling the float. On the float was Big Jim, Donna and Deborah and the kids, Little Jimmy, Brandon, Austin, & Nikki with Hooker & Dale bringing up the rear. Really large crowd to view the parade today. Weather was nice, but could have been a little warmer. Clouds started rolling in about the time I got back to the trailer and I couldn't wait to get my jacket on.





I guess everyone enjoyed it enough that we might do it again next year. I hope so! If they do then I'll make plans on doing it with them. You could not find a better group of people to hang around with. Everyone is young enough to be my kids... yet still they let me play along with them. Thanks!!!

No comments: